Thursday, July 30, 2015

Pour Your Art Out - DC

Surrounded by Arts on the Block - Pour your Art Out teen apprentices. 
Invited by Arts on the Block - Pour your ART Out - DC lead artist, Sonal Sheth, I shared my art and books with high school teen apprentices. I talked about my journey as a visual artist and how my career has taken many exciting twists and turns as a visual artist, author/illustrator and graphic artist. 
Apprentices working on a mosaic tile commission.

Arts on the Block in the Washington, DC area offers young people a unique chance to learn directly how art, design and business are linked by getting involved in "real-world projects" over the summer and throughout the school year. Apprentices will showcase their creations at an Exhibition and Reception on Thursday, August 6 at 5:00 pm at Pepco Edison Gallery in Washington, DC. For more information go to http://artsontheblock.com/